Instagram has launched a new app that will give content creators a new and efficient platform for sharing their stories as well as engage consumers with a fresh take on video streaming.
IGTV allows watching long-form, vertical video from Instagram creators.
Though it is a stand-alone app, users can watch IGTV content within the Instagram app, which is nifty if you don’t plan on making videos anytime soon.
How different is IGTV from Instagram and other streaming services?
- IGTV videos are full screen and vertical.
- Each video can be up to an hour long.
- IGTV starts playing as soon as you open the app.
- Users don’t have to search to start watching content from people they already follow on Instagram and others based on their interests.
- Simple gestures such as swiping up to discover more—switch between “For You,” “Following,” “Popular” and “Continue Watching” are supported.
- Users can also like, comment, and send videos to friends in Direct.
On IGTV, the creators are referred to ad channels. When you follow a creator on Instagram, their IGTV channel will show up for you to watch.
And best of all, on IGTV, anyone can be a creator.
Read more about IGTV here: