Isuzu Philippines Corporation (IPC) just held the “Isuzu Driveway Getaway 2018.” Driving up to surfing capital of the north, La Union, local motoring media experienced the power and remarkable fuel-efficiency of the RZ4E engine and got familiar with the refined amenities of the 2018 Isuzu D-Max and Isuzu mu-X.
Members of the media took on IPCs challenge to consume the least amount of fuel for a 112-km economy run–starting from the initial fuel-up at Petron Marilao to Petron Tarlac. The winning teams were awarded during dinner at Thunderbird Resort, after the verification of the results by the Automobile Association of the Philippines (AAP).
“The astounding fuel mileages that all of you got from this economy run, most especially of those who won the challenge, only proves that with the right combination of good driving habits and the efficiency of the RZ4E engine, the 2018 Isuzu D-Max can be the answer to the worrisome increases in the pump prices of fuel. Today’s activity shows that we can still have the pleasures of long road trips without having to get anxious over our fuel consumption,” IPC president Hajime Koso lauded the economy run participants.
Koso added, “The RZ4E is a new-generation diesel engine which has been the result of Isuzu’s over 4 years of extensive research in BluePower diesel engine technology, and represents our first foray into the lower displacement but higher output engine technology that has become the trend in Europe and in Asia. Even while generating maximum 150 PS of power and 350 Nm of torque, the 2018 Isuzu D-Max powered by the RZ4E engine–with its over 200 new components–was still able to get a fuel mileage of 22.59 km per liter from the winning media team.”
The media ride-and-drive was the perfect avenue for the 2018 Isuzu D-Max to shine. This pickup presents a solid package with various features and head-turning design. The motoring media also benefited from:
- The D-Max is the only pickup in the market designed for its purpose, with the strength and function of a truck (with its rigid chassis, high-tensile steel cabin, and steel timing chain), yet with nearly the same comfort of a passenger car and equipped with the latest technologies in safety and convenience;
- It is now powered by durable, reliable, and fuel-efficient engines–the RZ4E and the 3.0-liter diesel engines;
- Its passenger car-like interior features an 8-inch touchscreen audio/video entertainment system, leather seats and well-positioned soft pads (for the 3.0-liter variants) or vibrantly accented fabric seats (for the RZ4E variants), as well as multiple storage compartments and cupholders;
- An aggressive fascia equipped with premium features such as the Bi-LED headlamps with manual leveling controls providing more brightness but less power consumption and longer LED daytime running lamps (DRL) for added safety;
- The touchscreen (8-inch for the 3.0-liter variants, 7-inch for the RZ4E) serves as the focal point for the 2018 Isuzu D-Max infotainment system, complete with Navi system (3.0L variant only), Bluetooth and iPod connectivity, and multiple usb ports;
- It is built with safety features, such as dual SRS airbags, anti-lock brake system (ABS), electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), brake assist (BA), and Brake Override System (BOS). Meanwhile the 3.0L variants gets additional electronic stability control (ESC), traction control system (TCS), hill-start assist (HSA), and hill descent control (HDC).
- 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift mode or the manual transmission equipped with the Gear Shift Indicator (GSI).
The 2018 Isuzu D-Max is available in three and two new body colors sapphire blue and galena gray. Prices of this pickup are as follows:
- 4×2 LS – PHP 1,290,000 (MT, 3.0 L engine)
- 4×2 LS – PHP 1,249,000 (AT, RZ4E engine)
- 4×2 LS – PHP 1,179,000 (MT, RZ4E engine)
- 4×4 LS – PHP 1,670,000 (AT, 3.0 L engine)
- 4×4 LS – PHP 1,600,000 (MT, 3.0 L engine)