Three days before its Philippine reveal, Columbian Autocar Corporation, headed by their president Ms. Ginia Domingo, gave the motoring media a peek at the all-new 2013 Kia Carens, at an exclusive event held in Taguig.
The seven-seater on display was the top of the line all-new Kia Carens 1.7L EX A/T variant that comes with so amenities that would delight even the pickiest of passengers.
The all-new Kia Carens is a compact MPV designed and engineered from a clean sheet to meet the needs of modern families. With sleek aerodynamics and cab-forward design, it blends contemporary and distinctive exterior styling with a fresh and trendy interior.
The third-generation MPV is fitted with a 1.7L diesel powertrain, mated with a 6-speed manual transmission for the LX variant and a 6-speed automatic transmission for the LX and EX variants.
Here’s the low down of the specs:
- Engine: U2 1.7L Inline 4-Cylinders, DOHC, 16v, Swirl Control Valve (SCV), CRDi with VGT Intercooler Turbo, Timing Chain, Euro 3 Compliant
- Displacement: 1685cc
- Hose Power: 134.14 HP
- Torque: 331 Nm (LX) / 320 Nm (EX)
- Suspension (Front/Rear): MacPherson Struts with Coil Springs & Stabilizers / Coupled Torsion Beam Axle
- Transmission: 6-Speed Transmission
- Tire Size: 205/55 R16 (LX) / 225/45 R17 (EX)
- Brakes (Front/Rear): Ventilated Disc / Disc
- Safety Features: ABS, ESP, Airbags, Keyless Entry with Alarm, Impact Sensing Door Locks, Front & Rear Parking Assist (for EX), High Mount Stop Light, Immobilizer, Child Anchor ISOFIX
- Other features: Cornering Lamps, Roof Rail (EX), Panoramic Sunroof (EX), Rear Spoiler, Paddle Shifts (EX), Glovebox cooling (EX)
The top of the line all-new Kia Carens 1.7 EX AT is priced at PHP 1,480,000, and is available in Clear White, Galaxy Brown and Ebony Black. The 1.7 LX MT is priced at PHP1,140,000, while the 1.7 LX AT is PHP 1,230,000, and is available in Clear White, Bright Silver, Camden Beige and Galaxy Brown.
The public reveal of the all-new Kia Carens is scheduled for Friday, May 31, 2013 at the Bonifacio High Street Central. A test drive unit, a kiddie football clinic, as well as other family-oriented activities await visitors of the event, so do drop by and bring the whole gang.