The Mazda 6 and the Ford Ranger Wildtrak were were awarded the Car of the Year – Philippines (COTY-P) and Truck of the Year – Philippines (TOTY-P), respectively, at the 2013-2014 Car of the Year Awards Night held last night at the Filinvest Tent in Filinvest, Alabang.
Aside from winning the COTY-P, Mazda also won three other awards, bagging the Executive Car of the Year for the Mazda 6, the Compact 2WD Crossover and Wagon of the Year for the Mazda CX-5 2.0 Pro, and the Compact AWD Crossover and Wagon of the Year for the Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD.
Ford was the only other multiple winner in the major categories, winning the Premium Subcompact of the Year award for the four-door Ford Fiesta Titanium sedan.
“Voting for the 2013-2014 COTY-P and TOTY-P was tough. The continually increasing improvements, value and competitiveness each new model brought to their respective classes made discerning between standout and mid-pack very difficult,” said Car Awards Group, Inc. (CAGI) President Ferman Lao.
The complete list of winners are as follows:
- Basic Subcompact Car of the Year – Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLX MT
- Subcompact Car of the Year – Hyundai Accent Hatchback CRDI MT
- Premium Subcompact Car of the Year –Ford Fiesta Titanium Sedan
- Executive Car of the Year – Mazda6
- Sports Car of the Year – Honda CR-Z Modulo MT
- Compact 2WD Crossover & Wagon of the Year – Mazda CX5 2.0 Pro
- Compact AWD Crossover & Wagon of the Year – Mazda CX5 2.5 AWD
- Mid Size Crossover & Wagon of the Year – Kia Sorento LX FWD 5-seater
- Premium Crossover & Wagon of the Year – Volvo V40
- SUV of the Year – Chevrolet Trailblazer 4×2 AT
- Van of the Year – Foton View Traveler
- 4×4 Pick-up of the Year – Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L 4×4
- 4×2 Pick-up of the Year – Isuzu D-MAX LS 4×2 AT
- CAGI Motorsports Award – Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc and Lateral D Productions
- Speedlab Tuner’s Choice Award – Honda CR-Z
- Bosch Technical Innovation Award – BYD F5
- AAP Road Safety Award – Volvo S60 T6 Polestar
- Manila International Auto Show ‘Show and Go’ Award – Subaru BRZ
- Filinvest Lifestyle Award – Mini Paceman Cooper S
- Caltex with Techron Green Award – Kia Carens
The 2012-2013 Awards Night kicked off CAGI’s tenth year celebration. Other events in the CAGI calendar include a Fuel Economy Benchmark Test with longtime sponsor Caltex to be held in February, and a major celebration for the 2014 Manila International Auto Show at World Trade Center in April.
The 2013-2014 COTY-P and TOTY-P season was supported by Filinvest City Alabang, Caltex with Techron, the Manila International Auto Show, Worldbex Services International, Speedlab, Robert Bosch Philippines, Victoria Court, AAP, MG Madrid & Company and Winner Graphics.
The Car Awards Group, Inc. is backed by the following media partners: Business Mirror, BusinessWorld, Daily Tribune, Malaya Business Insight, Manila Bulletin, Manila Standard Today, Manila Times, Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Philippine Star, World News, AQ, Gadgets Magazine, Motorcycle Magazine, PowerWheels Magazine, Speed Magazine, TopGear Philippines, Autoindustriya.com, CarGuide.ph, Interaksyon.com, Kotse.com, Motioncars.com, SprocketPH.com, Auto Focus, Auto Review, Motoring Today, Stoplight TV, Gearbox on Jam 88.3 FM, Inside Motoring on DZRJ 810 AM, and Racing Beat on Wave 89.1 FM.