Yamaha’s Big Bikes finally landed on Philippine shores earlier this month, making their debut at Yamaha’s flagship YZone in Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Each unit is at the top of Yamaha’s motorcycle roster in terms of power and design.
The Big Bikes include:
- the MT-09 which promises linear torque for maximum acceleration;
- the Super Tenere that is built for long out of town road trips with its comfortable seating configuration and compact 1199 cc parallel twin and Narrow 2-cylinder inline engine;
- the TMAX is also a long distance bike that combines a powerful engine with an extremely nimble body thanks to an aluminum chassis and advanced shocks;
- the Bolt blends classic design with modern technology, and;
- the YZF-R1, the M1’s consumer-oriented brother, aims to bring high-performance racing specs to public roads.
The launch was attended by Yamaha Motor Philippines, Inc. (YMPH) executives led by YMPH president Toru Osugi. After unveiling the above units, Yamaha also recognized Nicholas Bondoc for being the first person in the country to purchase a Big Bike in the form of an MT-09.
The Big Bikes are exclusively available at the flagship YZone at Lot 8 Block 8, ADB Avenue corner Ortigas Business Center, Pasig City. Interested buyers can contact the store through (02)637-9552.