- Key Switches: Cherry MX Red, Blue, Brown, or Black
- Connection: USB 2.0
- LED: Per-key Aura RGB LEDs
- Anti-Ghosting: Yes
- N-Key Rollover: Yes
- Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Macro Keys: All-key programmable
- Macro Recording: On-the-fly recording support
- Cable: 1.8 meters with braided cable
- Dimensions: 450 x 145 x 45 mm, 943 grams (Claymore); 360 x 145 x 45 mm, 770 grams (Claymore Core)
- Price: PHP 9,310 (Claymore); PHP 7,250 (Claymore Core)
Asus has debuted its new RGB LED-backlit Cherry MX-equipped mechanical gaming keyboards—the Claymore and Claymore Core. The first is a full-sized keyboard with a detachable numpad design, while the second takes on a much more conventional tenkeyless form factor.
Current available Cherry MX flavors for the Claymore and Claymore Core include Red, Blue, Brown, and Black, with each featuring durability of up to 50-million keystrokes. They also boast anti-ghosting and full N-Key rollover support for accurate key inputs even with simultaneous strokes.
Each key is individually backlit and fully programmable, with the RGB LEDs in both boards controllable with the Asus Aura software so their effects and colors are synchronized with other Aura-enabled parts in a rig. They also feature exclusive fan control hotkeys when paired with an Asus motherboard so users can fine tweak their system’s air intake.
The Claymore’s detachable numpad can also be attached to either of the keyboard’s sides, functioning as macros when placed on the left. Besides on-the-fly macro-key recording, the Claymore and Claymore Core also feature built-in flash memory for up to six (five customized and one default) user profiles.
The ROG Claymore retails for PHP 9,310 while its smaller brother, the ROG Claymore Core, sells for PHP 7,250.