- Maximum speed: 15 m/s
- Maximum distance: 1,000 m
- Maximum flight altitude: 4,500 m
- Maximum wind resistance: 10 m/s
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Dimensions: 303 x 411 x 117 mm (opened, no propellers); 365.2 x 224.3 x 89.9 mm (folded); 1,006 g
- Propeller length: 25.4 cm
- Controller screen size: 5 inch 720p, 900 nits brightness
- Controller battery life: 4 hours
- Controller frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Controller weight: 625 g
- Stabilizer range of motion: 0 to -90 degrees
- Stabilizer compatibility: Hero5 Black/Session, Hero4 Black/Silver
- Stabilizer weight: 230 g
- Package inclusions: Karma drone, controller, stabilizer, handheld grip
- Price: USD 799 or around PHP 38,600 directly converted
GoPro finally bit the bullet and entered the growing drone market with the Karma, a portable flyer that hooks up to the company’s latest action cameras, including the Hero5 Black/Session and Hero4 Black/Silver. Though it’s already smaller than some drones in the market, the Karma has the added bonus of foldability and portability thanks to the included backpack. The camera mounting mechanism also serves as a detachable stabilizer, so whether you’re filming from the air or going handheld on the ground, your shots should come out silky smooth.
The Karma is piloted with an included standalone controller. It features a gamepad-like button and joystick layout as well as a dedicated takeoff and landing button, making actual flight a simple and newbie friendly experience. Other ease of use features include dronie mode for selfies, cable cam mode for smooth movement from point A to B, reveal mode which pans the camera until the subject enters the scene, and orbit mode which makes the drone revolve around the subject.
The GoPro Karma and its entire bundle (without camera) retails for USD 799 or around PHP 38,634 directly converted.