- Sensor: 18.2 MP Exmor R BSI-CMOS sensor
- Lens: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T
- Image Processor: BIONZ X
- ISO Range: 80-12800
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 (W) to f/6.4 (T)
- Stabilization: 5-axis stabilization
- Video: Full HD at up to 60 fps
- Storage: SDXC Memory Card
- Battery: Up to 390 shots
- Screen Size: 3 inch 921,600 dots flip- up TFT LCD
- Physical Dimension: 102.0 x 58.1 x 35.5 mm
- Weight: 245 g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, GPS
- Price: PHP 22,999 with free 16 GB memory card
Going on a vacation just wouldn’t be legit without the photos to back your glorious tan up. You can use your smartphone, sure, but between the constant data connection, website visits, and social media uploads, using it as a primary camera will see the battery tapping out before anything exciting even happens. That’s why a dedicated camera should still have a place in your arsenal.
The Sony HX90 makes a strong case on why it should be on your roster of travel essentials. Its lightweight enough to not be a burden to tote around, and it’s also packed with powerful innards for Instagrammable shots.
At its heart is an 18.2 MP Exmor R BSI-CMOS sensor fronted by a ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T with up to 30x optizal zoom and up to 60x with Optical SteadyShot and 5-axis image stabilization assist. Processing shots with great colors, richness, and realism, as well as handling Full HD video recording is the BIONZ X chip. Meanwhile, the camera locks on subjects using a fast intelligent autofocus system derived from the Sony a7 lineup. The battery can also last for up to 390 shots on a single charge.
For convenience, the 3 inch 921k dot monitor flips up 180 degrees so you can perfectly frame yourself for selfies and vlogs. Wi-Fi and NFC transfer is also supported for quick backups and social media uploads.
The Sony HX90 comes bundled with a free 16 GB memory card at a retail price of PHP 22,999.