Avaya Holdings Corp., one of the leading global communications company, revealed 5 key trends in customer experience for 2018 that highlight the increasing importance of communications tools and technologies and their impact on digital transformation. With digital transformation now a priority for 60% of Filipino companies, organizations ranked communications tools that enhance customer-to- employee engagement as most important to their DX initiatives.
According to a joint survey with IDC at the Experience Avaya Philippines event in Manila, messaging (71%) and chat applications (58%) were the preferred customer engagement channels for Filipino businesses to invest in over the next two years. Emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence will play an increasingly significant role in customer experience, with bots and scripts being seen by Filipino companies as most important.
The five key global trends predicted in the next two years for the Philippines were:
- Significant improvement in enterprises’ capability to understand customers
- Upsurge in the frequency of communication and interactions
- Emergence of new channel types allowing businesses to serve a truly omni-channel customer
- Integration of communication into more mission-critical business processes
- Measurement of CX success through combination of customer satisfaction and variety of customer service KPIs
“Businesses in Philippines understand the importance of good customer experience, and the increasing role that communications solutions will play in delivering it. Digital transformation using advanced technologies is the future of customer experience and Avaya is leading this wave of change, leveraging new technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain and the Internet of Things to enhance business performance,” said Ferdinand Macatangay, Country Manager of Philippines at Avaya.