Skyworth, in partnership with Toshiba, has just introduced its newest roster of smart TVs poised to disrupt the home entertainment scene in the country.
The trusted manufacturer of LCD and LED displays raises the bar with its next-gen UHD smart TVs powered by Android. This high performance TV series offers a rich-in-detail and truly smart viewing experience at a price point that won’t break the bank.
“Many of our fondest memories come from time spent with family in the sala, watching our favorite TV shows and movies,” says Skyworth Philippines general manager Martin Han. “With smart TVs like the Android TV series, Filipinos have a whole world of entertainment options right at home. And these can now be enjoyed with 4K resolution and top notch sound, at excellent prices.”
Skyworth and Toshiba’s Android TV series comes equipped with features geared towards elevating the home viewing experience.
- Picture quality-wise, these television sets ship with 4K Ultra HD resolution at 3,840 x 2,160 pixels rendering content with satisfying clarity and sharpness.
- IPS LED Display technology provides a viewing angle of 178 degrees and faster response times than conventional monitors. MPEG Noise Reduction and Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) further improve picture quality.
- Its Voice Command feature, powered by Google, allows users to speak into the remote mic for tasks like playing movies and music, opening apps, changing input/s, and more with just a quick touch of a button. This Voice Command feature can recognize 88 different languages (including Filipino).
- Dolby + DTS sound bar elegantly located below the screen provides cinema-like sound quality.
- The Android TV Series comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 pre-installed.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled
- Built-in Chromecast allows for seamless content streaming across devices
- Available in 50-, 55-, and 65-inch variants
During the local launch, Skyworth revealed that the Android TV series will sport price tags ranging around PHP 35,000 to PHP 40,000 depending on the model size and will come with a two-year warranty.
Through its recent purchase of Toshiba Group’s Indonesian manufacturing base for TVs and twin-tub washing machines, Skyworth has acquired a license to use the Toshiba brand name in Asia, excluding China. Both Skyworth and Toshiba TVs are also licensed by Google, enabling users to enjoy the rich entertainment options provided by the Google Play Store.