Vivo has officially released something no other manufacturer has until this point. The X21 is the first commercially available smartphone with an in-display fingerprint scanner. This groundbreaking technology allow this powerful mid-ranger a huge 6.28-inch AMOLED screen, 19:9 aspect ratio, thin bezels, and no additional clutter, all in a phone that’s just a shred over 6 inches tall and is gorgeous to boot.
Under the hood, the X21 no slouch either. With a Snapdragon 660 chipset, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of onboard storage, and AI integration on various fronts, this is a mid-tier device that has flagships in its sights.
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner and Face ID access with infrared
- Cameras: 12 MP (with 24 million photographic units) + 5 MP on the rear, and 12 MP upfront both with dual pixel sensor
- Processor: Octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- RAM: 6 GB
- ROM: 128 GB (expandable up to 256 GB via microSD slot)
- Display: 6.28-inch FHD+, Super AMOLED
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 (Based on Android 8.1)
- Audio: Hi-Fi
The X21 is now available and comes with a sticker price of PHP 29,999.
Photos from the launch event: