- Available Capacities: Diskless, 4 TB, 8 TB, 12 TB, and 16 TB WD Red drives
- Drive Bays: Two 3.5 inch hard drive bays with tool-less and trayless design
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Intel Pentium N3710
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 expansion ports, 2x Gigabit Ethernet, 2x power supply ports
- Disk Virtualization: Multiple RAID options
- Volume Encryption: 256-bit AES
- Features: WD My Cloud OS, WD Sync, Plex, Adobe Creative Cloud, Acronis True Image, and various third party app support
A self-made network attached storage is a pain to setup, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you’re looking to get more storage up and running in the simplest way possible, you can’t go wrong with the WD My Cloud Pro PR2100.
This plug and play NAS features capacities ranging from the bare unit to 16 TB fulfilled by its two 3.5 inch hard drive bays with tool-less and trayless design. Running the show is a quad-core Intel Pentium N3710 processor clocked at 1.6 GHz and 4 GB of RAM, ensuring smooth file throughput even with multiple users streaming high resolution and high bandwidth content. There are also two USB 3.0 expansion ports at the back for instant storage expansion, as well as another USB 3.0 slot in front with a one-touch backup feature.
For further ease of use, the WD My Cloud Pro PR2100 can be accessed remotely using the WD My Cloud and WD Sync apps. File management, content creation, and collaboration is also made simple with its support for Plex, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various third party cloud solutions like Dropbox and Google Drive.
It is available today via EA Global Supply Chain Solutions Incorporated, arriving with a two-year limited warranty for the diskless model and three-year limited warranty for the populated trims.