AYO 2022, envisioned to be the Philippines’ First Original Content Market by 2024, is a four-day
event which will be held on October 7 & 8 (hybrid) and October 14 & 15 (online).
While the Philippine Creative Industry is already a major player in outsourcing internationally, the potential in original content is a necessary next step seeing the massive demand for different voices from all over the world. The Creative Content Creators’ Association of the Philippines (SIKAP) believes that the Philippines is a rich resource of stories and talent that can generate for our country a wealth of intellectual property that can manifest unmatched business potential and revenue in original creative content.
An organization of top-caliber Filipino individuals from the animation, game design, comic book, literary, and music industries, SIKAP came together to give back to local creators what experience and know-how they gleaned navigating the international markets on their own. It all starts with a new and exciting opportunity to learn about developing, showcasing, and marketing original Filipino content.
The AYO 2022 two-day face-to-face conference (streamed online via Airmeets) at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel in Lahug will feature key speakers who will share with up-and-coming creators from Cebu and the Visayas knowledge about creatorship and the industry at large.
Headlining Day 1 are:
- Marla Rausch – CEO of US and Manila-based motion capture studio Animation Vertigo
- Ria Lu – writer, game development veteran, and studio director at Laguna Games MNL
- Karla Circe – illustrator, animator, and creative director
- James Lo – game development industry champion, chief of Taktyl Studios, and current GDAP president
- Sari Dalena – celebrated filmmaker
In addition, luminaries from the Cebu creative and business communities are also expected to engage the eventgoers in lively, future-forward discussions.
Award-winning creators and producers Cris Dumlao, Keith Sicat, and Mookie Tamara, lead interactive talks and workshops on Day 2. Prominent Intellectual Property professionals will also take the stage for a discussion on protection and rights.
For its online component, AYO 2022 boasts of an international lineup of creative champions who will guide participants in storytelling, pitching, polishing, and even financing and promotions of original
Logging in are:
- Micah Fernandez – SIKAP core member, writer and director real-time filmmaker
- Alec Sokolow – Oscar-nominated screenwriter (Toy Story), producer, and director
- Marcin J. Sobczak – international entertainment communications, PR, and publicity leader (Loving
Vincent, Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry)
- Gin Kai Chan – SIKAP Board of Advisors, Singaporean film producer
- Vinci Roxas – producer, director, and investment specialist
Rounding off AYO 2022’s stellar roster are:
- Eric Calderon – SIKAP senior advisor, animation producer, developer, and writer
- Dean Francis Alfar – speculative fiction novelist, editor, multiple international literary and Palanca awardee
- Mikki Crisostomo – acclaimed Disney writer
Co-presented by the DICT in partnership with DTI R-7 alongside trade partner the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, SIKAP aims to make AYO 2022 our creative content market par excellence, showcasing the Philippines to the world.
For more information, like and subscribe to SIKAP’s Facebook page at facebook.com/creativecontentcreatorsassociationofthephils or go to their website at