NLEX Corporation is undertaking several physical and system improvements in its toll plazas to ensure that 100% RFID transactions will be smoothly implemented in NLEX-SCTEX starting November 2.
These improvements include the installation of 303 new canopy signages and 66 units of plaza lighting. Of the 303 signages, 100 were completed first week of October and the remaining ones by December. In addition, pavement markings at the toll plazas will be repainted. The lane markings and signs would help direct traffic, while the lights would increase visibility at night.
“As we fully transition to 100% cashless transactions, motorists can expect more improvements and we will continue to ensure safety while delivering unmatched public service,” said NLEX Corporation president and general manager J. Luigi L. Bautista, noting that “We have ramped up our installation efforts and refinements in our systems and other innovations are being employed to provide efficient expressway travel experience to our customers.”
The all-RFID toll collection system will be implemented in all expressways in the country by November 2, 2020 in line with the Department Order 2020-012 issued by the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
This DOTr mandate is seen to provide motorists safer and more convenient expressway travel—minimizing physical contact hence prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and enabling faster traffic flow at the toll plazas.
To further provide an updated look on NLEX-SCTEX toll plazas, the toll canopies will be also repainted and the lane status indicators that show the open and closed status of toll lanes are being replaced with circular green and red cross (X) signals.
“More than the aesthetics, these enhancements are necessary to keep our facilities in good condition and guide motorists as they head on to the expressways,” Bautista added.
Meanwhile, the realignment of RFID sensors is underway in 32 NLEX-SCTEX toll lanes as part of the second phase of the project that aims to enhance read range and enable faster detection. This system improvement covers the entry and exit lanes in Valenzuela, Marilao, Bocaue, Tambobong, Balagtas, San Fernando, Tarlac, and Tipo. Last July, the tollway company completed the realignment of sensors in 100 toll lanes.
NLEX is likewise converting this October the Tambobong, Pulilan, Mexico, Karuhatan Interchange, Sta. Rita, San Miguel (Hacienda Luisita), Concepcion, Clark South A&B, and Tipo
toll plazas into exclusive RFID lanes. It previously converted the Dau, Porac, Mabiga, Lawang Bato Northbound Entry, Philippine Arena toll plazas, and expansion lanes in Balintawak and Bocaue toll plazas.
Apart from the said improvements, Easytrip RFID installation sites have also been augmented to better accommodate the rising number of motorists availing the RFID. Around 31 sites have been opened to make it easier and more convenient for motorists to get their free RFID stickers.
- Balintawak Northbound Lane N10 (24/7)
- Balintawak Customer Service Center Parking Area (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Balintawak Weighing Station (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Shell Balintawak (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Mindanao Northbound Lane N02 (Mon. to Sun., 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Mindanao Customer Service Parking Area (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Karuhatan Toll Plaza (Mon. to Sat., 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- NLEX Drive and Dine (Mon. to Sat., 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Marilao Toll Plaza Southbound Entry Parking Area (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Petron Marilao (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Bocaue Southbound Lane X01 (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Petron Bocaue (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Bocaue Weighing Station (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Philippine Arena Northbound Exit Lane N04 (Mon. to Sun., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Philippine Arena Southbound Entry (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Balagtas Toll Plaza Entry (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Shell Burol (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent after Balagtas Toll Plaza Exit (Mon. to Sun., 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Tabang Customer Service Center Parking Area (Mon. to Sat., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Sta. Rita Parking Area before Northbound Entry (Mon. to Sun., 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Pulilan Parking Area after Northbound Exit (Mon. to Sun., 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- San Fernando Customer Service Center (Mon. to Sat., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent after Mexico Toll Plaza Exit (Mon. to Sun., 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Petron Lakeshore (Mon. to Sat., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Angeles Toll Plaza Entry (Mon. to Sat., 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Angeles Toll Plaza Exit (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent after Dau Northbound Exit (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Mabiga Northbound Exit (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Porac Toll Plaza Exit (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent before Tarlac Toll Plaza Entry (Mon. to Sat., 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Easytrip Tent after Tipo Toll Plaza (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
To apply for an Easytrip RFID, motorists may visit the installation sites along NLEX-SCTEX, fill out the subscription form then pay the initial load of P500 for Class 1 vehicles, and P1,000 for Class 2 and 3 vehicles. Motorists are also encouraged to fill out the subscription form online thru www.easytrip.ph.
Once installed, NLEX and SCTEX RFID users would be able to traverse other Metro Pacific Tollways-owned expressways like the CAVITEX and CALAX.
Reloading the RFID is also easy as this can be done onsite and online. Motorists may choose to reload via the Easytrip mobile application which is available for both Android and iOS phones and thru online reloading partners such as PayMaya, Eon, GCash, Bancnet, Mastercard, Visa, UCPB, BPI, Metrobank, BDO, Coins.ph, and Smart Money.
They may also drive to the nearest reloading sites, select gas stations, and bills payment centers in malls. Transactions and remaining balance may be viewed on the Easytrip website or mobile app.
For more information, check out the NLEX Corporation and Easytrip Facebook pages or call the Easytrip hotline (02)8555-7575.