Hot on the heels of the successful launch of its flagship smartphone series Galaxy S10, Samsung throws us for a loop with the release of the Samsung Galaxy M20.
The Galaxy M20 is the first of the brand’s M series of phones marketed to win the competitive mid-range smartphone market. It flaunts an edge-to-edge, 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with a tiny v-shaped notch atop carrying its 8 MP f2.0 camera. The device has an AI-boosted dual-rear camera setup: a 13 MP f1.9 main shooter and a 5 MP ultra-wide angle secondary shooter.
Powering the device is an Exynos 7904 SoC working with 3 GBs of RAM. While several reports online state a 4 GB option and 64 GB option, there’s no word as to when or if this version will see a Philippine roll-out. The M20 version we are getting has a 32 GB of storage onboard, which is expandable via micro-SD slot.
What sets the Samsung Galaxy M20 apart is its 5,000 mAh battery. Combine this whopping juice pack with fast-charging technology and a PHP 10,990 retail price, you get a smartphone that’s truly a bang for your buck.
- 1.8 GHz Exynos 7904 processor
- Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB ROM expandable via microSD
- 6.3-inch FHD+ Infinity V Display
- Dual-SIM with voLTE
- 5000 mAh battery and 3x fast charge
- USB type-c
- Samsung Experience v9.5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Widevine L1 Certification and Dolby ATMOS
- 13 MP/f1.9- and 5 MP/120-degree ultra-wide angle rear cameras
- 8MP F2.0 front camera with in-display flash
- Face unlock and fingerprint sensor
- Available in charcoal black or ocean blue
The Samsung Galaxy M20 can be purchased online through Lazada, Shopee, MemoXpress, Argomall, Abenson, and the Samsung Online Shop starting 6 March 2019.