The Chinese smartphone brand has recently strengthened its portfolio with the arrival of the Mi 9 SE in the local market.
This toned-down version of its current flagship phone, the Mi 9, is the first Xiaomi smartphone that is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 processor. With an 5.97” AMOLED Dot Drop, Mi 9 SE’s size is comparable to a classic 5.1-inch smartphone. It offers the same LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.1 storage, holographic rainbow spectrum surface on the back, and the latest in-screen fingerprint scanner and multi-functional NFC sensor that can be found from Mi 9. To top it off, the latest addition to the Mi 9 series boasts a rear, triple camera setup powered by a Sony IMX586 sensor. Its 48-megapixel cameras delivers super clear shots even in low-light conditions. The Mi 9 SE is also capable of taking 123-degrees, ultra-wide angle photos for landscape and architectural photographs, or shooting beautiful portraits with its telephoto lens.
Steven Shi, Xiaomi’s Head in Southeast Asia , said: “The Mi 9 SE is designed to give Mi fans the performance they need in a more compact package. It follows the Mi 9 series’ heritage of bringing flagship-level experience at a more affordable price, strengthening Xiaomi’s commitment to bringing value-for-money products to everyone.”
The Mi 9 SE 6 GB RAM + 64 GB memory variant will be available in black and blue colors for PHP 15,990 on Lazada and at the soon-to-be-opened Mi Authorized Store in Robinsons Manila on May 18. Soon, it will also roll out to other Mi Authorized stores nationwide.
- Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 712 processor
- 6GB RAM + 64GB of internal storage
- 13MP ultra wide-angle + 48MP main + 8MP telephoto triple rear cameras (primary lens is powered by Sony IMX586 sensor, with AI portrait, AI scene detection, steady handheld
night photography modes)
- 20-megapixel front camera (with AI portrait selfies and AI scene detection)
- Made with 2.5D glass, rounded display corners (with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection)
- Runs with MIUI 10 based on Android 9
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Multi-function NFC
- 3070 mAh battery
- USB Type-C