Michelin, the world’s leading tire company, has launched the Agilis 3 for the commercial light truck tire market, targeting conventional load customers involved in people and goods transportation activities. The newly launched tire aims to capture the larger high-potential, light-load segment with exceptional solutions – in terms of safety, performance, and environment.
Shane Chadderton, B2B Marketing – Urban Mobility, Michelin East Asia and Oceania, reveals: “In line with Michelin’s Performance and Safety Made to Last brand promise, the new Michelin Agilis 3 is outfitted with innovative technologies and sophisticated features for long-lasting performance with optimum safety and environmental friendliness. These attributes not only provide a competitive advantage over current competitors in the same market segment but also reinforces Michelin’s commitment to more sustainable mobility. Essentially, this tire is well-positioned to be a sustainable urban growth engine. The latest breakthrough is further evidence of Michelin Group’s sustainable performance strategy in favor of safer, cleaner, more accessible, and more efficient mobility.”
Key technologies and features incorporated in Michelin Agilis 3 include:
- Stone Ejectors, horizontal bars in the tread groove designed to minimize stone trapping, resulting in a tire that keeps customers’ downtime to a minimum and lowers their running costs
- Sidewall Shields, made with an abrasion-resistant rubber compound, that provide extra sidewall shoulder protection of 1.5mm thickness versus the current generation, without compromising the casing flexibility;
- Innovative Compound with a higher density of silica & carbon black materials for improved wet grip, fuel-saving, and mileage performance;
- U-Shape Grooves that allow a higher water clearance for lasting wet grip performance
- Full Depth Sipest hat help ensure good flexibility of the tread blocks, resulting in market-leading wet grip performance, both when new and when worn; and
- Undertread which keeps the operating temperature cooler, thus reducing fuel costs.
With the aforementioned technologies and features, Michelin Agilis 3 delivers 3 outstanding benefits:
- Shorter wet braking distance, 5% or up to 1.9 meters shorter when new, and 11% or up to 3.8 meters shorter when worn, when compared to its major competitors
- Superior mileage performance, 25% more mileage compared to its previous generation, with less downtime caused by tire damage;
- 12% superior rolling resistance, plus 90ml/100km less fuel consumption and 228g/100km less CO2 emission, than average competitors.
Also mentioned during the virtual launch “As 97% of Michelin Agilis 3 are sourced within the region, it ensures effective on-demand delivery across Asia Pacific countries, as well as minimizes environmental impact and shipment costs. Moreover, the newly launched tire is specifically designed with reinforced casing to meet the challenges of the region’s usages and road conditions. With uncompromised performance plus all the benefits and advantages that come with it under the ‘Safer for Longer’ slogan, we are convinced that Michelin Agilis 3 will be warmly received and greatly appreciated in the Philippines.”
The new Michelin Agilis 3 is now available at Michelin’s authorized commercial light truck tire dealers. You may check dealers near you on this link: https://www.michelin.com.ph/auto/dealer-locator. All size ranges (including 4 new sizes), from 13- to 17-inch diameter, cover the entire Philippine commercial light truck tire market, ranging from light 1-to-3-ton load segments.
For further details, please visit https://www.michelin.com.ph.