The stylish and compact, versatile SUV debuts a new look. Unveiled in Taiwan today, the all-new 2019 Subaru Forester has been improved with a slew of features and functionalities that provide unmatched comfort and maximum driving performance.
Its updated svelte and macho exterior is complemented by a spacious interior and a host of new technologies. Re-engineered with Subaru Core Technologies such as Subaru Global Platform, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, Boxer Engine, and EyeSight Driver Assist Technology (EyeSight), the new Forester guarantees safety and ease of driving.
“The All-New Forester is now bigger and better with an all-round enhancement to its technology, interior and exterior to create an SUV that boasts performance, comfort and maximum safety” said Glenn Tan, managing director, Tan Chong International Ltd. “We are thrilled to launch the new fifth generation Forester and are confident that the model will excite drivers and create amazing experiences with their loved ones.”
All-New 2019 Subaru Forester Features:
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive delivers power to each wheel to provide maximum stability and control.
- A 2.0-litre direct injection boxer engine delivers power while also boosting fuel efficiency.
- A new seven speed manual mode of continuously variable transmission (CVT) improve acceleration and fuel efficiency.
- The Subaru Global platform, a redesigned chassis, offers a safer, smoother driving experience by delivering less shake and body roll while also significantly reducing road noise.
- X-MODE function enhances driving performance on challenging terrain through optimised integrated control of the engine, all-wheel drive, brakes and other functions.
- Active torque vectoring enables drivers to control their vehicle exactly as intended, for outstanding cornering stability and hazard avoidance performance.
- EyeSight, an advanced driver assist technology, includes automatic pre-collision braking, pre-collision throttle management, adaptive cruise control, lead vehicle start alert, lane departure and lane sway warning. The feature is available on select variants of the All-New Forester.
- Auto vehicle hold works to reduce driver fatigue by keeping the vehicle still when the driver’s foot is removed from the brake pedal while the vehicle is stopped.
- Subaru rear vehicle detection (SRVD) uses radar sensors installed on the rear of the vehicle to detect objects and vehicles behind and alerts the driver with its three main functions: blind spot detection, lane change assist and rear cross-traffic alert.
- The All-New Forester offers excellent road clearance with minimum ground clearance of 220mm.
- Raised roof rails with integrated tie-down points are also available for more loading options.
- Redefined interior features divided seatback pockets, USB charging ports and air-conditioning vents behind centre console.
- The instrument panel comes with an advanced multi-function display.
On top of these features, the new Forester is more utilitarian with added rear leg room, as well as an increased cargo room with wider rear gate opening. The availability of power rear gate allows opening, closing and locking of the entire vehicle with just the touch of a button.
The All-New Forester is expected to roll out in the Philippines by January 2019 and in four variants: Subaru Forester 2.0 i-S EyeSight, Subaru Forester 2.0 i-S, Subaru Forester 2.0 i-L EyeSight, and Subaru Forester 2.0 i-L