Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines) Inc., a leading global IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization, was recently certified as one of the Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute and named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia by HR Asia.
This is the fifth year that TCS Philippines has been certified as a Top Employer. The Top Employer certification, done through independent research by the Top Employers Institute, is based on a comprehensive analysis of TCS Philippines’ human resources environment, assessing HR practices and policies in the following areas: people strategy, digital HR, work environment, talent acquisition and onboarding, learning and development, employee engagement and well-being, rewards and recognition, diversity and inclusion, values, and integrity.
Aside from Top Employer, TCS Philippines was named by HR Asia as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia, for the second consecutive year. TCS Philippines is one of the 21 companies chosen among 150 shortlisted companies in Asia that have stepped up to care and provide for employees during the worst of times.
HR Asia’s Best Companies to Work for in Asia Awards recognizes companies that have shown world-class employee engagement, workplace excellence, and empathy and care for their employees. It is Asia’s largest awards program, covering more than 300,000 employees across 11 markets.
Employees rate their employers using the proprietary Total Engagement Assessment Model (TEAM) survey, which covers collective consciousness, workplace sentiment, and team dynamics, making the HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia Awards the only awards program that is entirely employee-driven.
“We remain committed to our promise of bringing best-in-class employee experience. These awards are manifestations of these efforts to create a people-centered organization. Our HR programs and policies are designed to enable our employees’ personal and professional growth even during the pandemic,” said TCS Philippines Human Resources head Arijit Roy.
TCS Philippines Initiatives
One of the values that earned TCS Philippines these prestigious recognitions is the promotion of a malasakit culture among its employees. This culture encourages employees to be more compassionate. Some of the initiatives that demonstrate are:
- goIT Program launched in the Philippines which aims to help students improve their technology skills, encourage them to pursue STEM education, and become tomorrow’s technology leaders — as learners are introduced to design thinking, digital technologies, and agile methodology to develop and prototype solutions that will improve their communities and support the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Currently, the program has reached 168 students in the Cordillera Administrative Region.
- COVID-19 Malasakit Donation Drive, where employees generated a total of USD 12,000, donated to Caritas Manila to help more than 800 jeepney drivers who lost their livelihood due to the lockdown. TCS Philippines matched the amount, and another USD 12,000 went to Ospital ng Makati for the fight against COVID-19.
- TCS Philippines gave jobs to 736 Filipinos during the lockdown, earning it the JobStreet Hero Employer badge.
- TCS held a Charity Concert where employees donated care packages to more than 540 displaced families during Typhoon Ulysses.
- TCS Philippines’ regular blood donations to the Philippine Red Cross benefitted 1,000 lives and were awarded by the Philippine Red Cross thrice.
Aside from promoting a malasakit culture within the company, TCS Philippines went above and beyond to care for employees during the lockdown through the following means:
- Delivering desktops, laptops, and Wi-Fi devices and providing free Wi-Fi to its employees working from home
- Providing shuttle service for employees who had to work in the office, bringing them from home to the office and back, and providing them with free meals during their work shift
- Giving out weekly compensation instead of the usual monthly salary.
- Championing employee holistic wellness through various TCS programs such as Fit4Life, CLICKFIT, Employee Assistance Program, and monthly sessions on different mental and physical wellness topics.
“We are honored to be recognized again as a certified Top Employer in the Philippines and one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia. Caring and providing for our employees is TCS’ top priority. We invest in our people, provide growth opportunities, and implement progressive HR policies that create an empowering culture. These awards further inspire us to keep on giving our utmost attention to our employees so they can become their best at work, at home, and in the community,” shared TCS Philippines country head Shiju Varghese.