Garmin a global leader in GPS technologies for aviation, automotive, navigation and outdoor activities, recently announced the launch of the vívoactive® 5, its latest health and fitness smartwatch with a bright AMOLED touchscreen display that is designed to be an essential part of everyday life at an affordable price.
This smartwatch has a broad range of health monitoring features that can help users learn about their body, coach them on how to live an active lifestyle and support their fitness goals. With up to 11 days of battery life in smartwatch mode, users don’t have to worry about charging their watch every night and can therefore receive valuable around-the-clock health metrics like stress, Body Battery and sleep with personalized sleep coaching and nap detection.
“Made for your active lifestyle, vívoactive 5 packs premium features into a stylish, affordable smartwatch. From a busy day on the go to a relaxing evening at home, on-wrist fitness coaching, personalized health insights, detailed sleep stats and more on vívoactive 5 make it an essential tool to help you gain a better understanding of how to meet your overall health and wellness goals,”said Scoppen Lin, assistant general manager, Garmin Asia.
What’s new to vívoactive 5
- A vibrant AMOLED display makes it easier to read health and fitness data, smart notifications and more.
- Greater battery life – up to 11 days in smartwatch mode – means users can spend more time doing what they love and less time charging.
- Like a sleep coach on the wrist, receive a sleep score and personalized coaching for how much sleep is recommended and keep track of different sleep stages, naps and other key metrics such as Pulse Ox and heart rate variability (HRV) status.
- Start the day off right with a morning report that provides an overview of last night’s sleep plus recovery, HRV status and weather data (when paired with a compatible smartphone).
- Automatically track or log naps to see how they may benefit the body and the target time and duration they should be.
- Monitor Body Battery energy levels throughout the day to find the best times for activity and rest.
- Wheelchair mode lets users track daily pushes and receive weight shift alerts plus wheelchair-specific sports apps and workouts.
- Follow guided meditation practices to help reduce stress, anxiety and more.
- Choose between two font sizes to view smart notifications, workout data and more with greater ease.
Find your passion
With more than 30 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, users can stay active no matter their passion—from walking and running to rowing, pickleball, activities for wheelchair users and more. vívoactive 5 even lets users create their own step-by-step workouts from more than 1,600 exercises in the Garmin Connect app and send them directly to the watch. For those looking to train for a 5K or something a bit longer, free Garmin Coach adaptive training plans can help users prepare. In addition to keeping tabs on daily steps and calories burned, vívoactive 5 can track moderate and vigorous intensity minutes, VO2 max and more.
Keep going strong
Full of health and wellness features, vívoactive 5 can help keep users going strong all day, every day. And with up to 11 days of battery life, users don’t have to worry about charging their watch every night, meaning they can have access to important health metrics 24/7. Day or night, vívoactive 5 tracks heart rate, respiration, Pulse Ox, stress andmore. While sleeping, it can monitor heart rate variability to help provide users with a deeper understanding of their overall health. What’s more, women can track their menstrual cycle and pregnancy and receive exercise and nutrition guidance.
Whether coming or going, stay connected with vívoactive 5 by receiving text messages, emails and alerts right from the wrist when paired with a compatible smartphone. Those with a compatible Android smartphone can also respond to texts using the on-watch keyboard and view photos directly from the watch screen. Safety and tracking features help provide peace of mind by sending a message with the user’s live location (when available) to chosen emergency contacts if they feel unsafe or if an incident is detected5.
Featuring a lightweight, aluminum bezel and silicone band, vívoactive 5 is available in multiple colorways, including black/slate, ivory/cream gold, navy/metallic navy and orchid/metallic orchid.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized the wellness industry. Committed to developing wearables and health measurement tools that help people of all activity levels lead healthier lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.