Google, through its YouTube Ads Leaderboard platform, has just revealed the top 10 local ads that resonated the most and which audiences across the Philippines took delight in for the second half of 2016.
The leaderboard recognizes and celebrates the brands that showcased their products best through a combination of popularity and promotion. These brands whose ads captured the interest of Filipino online viewers showed what can be achieved through creativity and technology.
Here are the key trends from the leaderboard:
- New medium, old rules. If digital has changed many of the rules, some of the old rules still apply, like the use of celebrities in ads. Using a famous face is a great way to make a story more memorable.
- Entertain first, sell later. People come to YouTube to be entertained and brands that realize this and prioritize telling a story or a joke above selling are going to win over more of the YouTube audience.
- Lights, camera, music! Music videos are hugely popular on YouTube so it’s no surprise that five out of the ten ads play more like music videos than ad.
- Extending the life of TV ads. On digital, brands are not bound by the same strictures of time and money that limit TV spots, but that doesn’t mean short videos can’t tell a story as well.
Here is the complete list:
- Nestlé Philippines: James Reid shows how to #BeatEnergyGap with MILO Champ Moves
- Knorr Philippines: #AsimKiligPaMore Acapella Remix
- Downy Philippines: BOOM BOOM POW – Dance Total
- Nescafe Philippines: KathNiel: Stay For A While
- Smart Communications, Inc.: Sino ang nagpaiyak kay Jasmine?
- Bonakid Pre-School: Learn the BONAKID PRE-SCHOOL® 3+ Moves!
- Globe: Most Beautiful Island in the Philippines – Scenezoned S01E01 with Solenn Heussaff
- Jollibee Philippines: Kwentong Jollibee: Kahera
- Jollibee Philippines: Bunso
- Safeguard Philippines: Global Handwashing Day