Team Suzuki Pilipinas is currently in Malaysia for the first leg of the Suzuki Asian Challenge (SAC). Held concurrently with the Asia Road Racing Championship, the SAC features races aboard the Suzuki Raider R150 and serves as the foundation of the brand’s grassroots racing program.
April King Mascardo, last year’s SAC standout along with Mario Borbon Jr. and Eane Jaye Sobretodo make up this year’s Philippine squad. They will be going up against 14 other riders from Japan, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal, and Singapore.
The race schedule is as follows:
- Round 1: Johor, Malaysia on March 31 to April 2
- Round 2: Buriram, Thailand on May 6 to 8
- Round 3: Suzuka, Japan on June 3 to 5
- Round 4: Sentul, Indonesia on August 5 to 7
- Round 5: Buddh, India on September 30 to October 2
- Round 6: Buriram, Thailand on December 2 to 4
In picture above: (from left to right) April King Mascardo, Mario Borbon Jr., Eane Jaye Sobretodo, and Suzuki Philippines president Hiroshi Suzuki.