The Yamaha Technician Grand Prix (NTGP) is a Global competition that is held in different countries around the world. Its purpose is to raise the skill and knowledge of technicians to better serve customers.
It started with 180 specialists in the Regional Technician Grand Prix and only the top 10 made it to the final round
- Leo Dumalag from CDO 2 Cycles – CDO
- Carlo Jake Gorre from DES Marketing – Danao
- Conrado Bucar from DES Marketing Mandaue
- Mark Joseph R. Mallari from DES Marketing San Miguel
- Keith Smart Atis from Motor Ace Dasmarinas
- Avan Rojunne Agapito from Motorcentral Bacoor
- Allan Rey Silverio from Motorcentral Cabuyao
- Laorence Paul Romero from Motortrade Camarin
- Arpeee Obina from Superbikes Center Rosario
- Pepito N Eugenio Jr. from UEMI Alaminos
They were flown to Davao City for the culmination of the competition. Their first challenge was the Customer Handling test held in the Yamaha Davao Office. Each technician must showcase his ability in properly explaining to the customer the problem of their motorcycle, answering their queries in full detail, and being courteous as possible during their stay in the simulated situation. They had 15 minutes to complete each task that started when receiving the motorcycle of the customer. A panel of judges watched every move meticulously throughout each round.
After, they headed to SM City Davao for the Practical Test. Surrounded by a crowd in the time pressured exam that was limited to 90 minutes. This required commitment to Yamaha standard of procedures, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair.
And the winners were:
Champion – Allan Rey C. Silverio from Motorcentral Cabuyao
2nd Place – Leo Dumalag from CDO 2 Cycles – CDO
3rd Place – Pepito N Eugenio Jr. from UEMI Alaminos
CS Awardee – Arpeee Obina from Superbikes Center Rosario
The National Champion will be the Philippine representative in the Yamaha World Technician Grand Prix in Japan. The NTGP has displayed the standard of Yamaha and cultivates that talent in the Philippines. These won’t just be competitions, it is the evolution of excellence.