HP recently unveiled its framework, The Personalization Pinwheel, to help brand owners tap into the growing personalization market. Informed by insights from more than 45 million online conversations across the globe, the framework hones in on what motivates consumers to personalize—from photo books to magazine covers to consumer packaged goods—and how brands can capitalize on those motivations.
More than 50% of millennials and Gen Z-ers expressed a desire for personalized products and they are willing to pay a premium for it. Research indicates that 70% of shoppers are willing to shell out at least 10% more for personalized products. The personalization industry is booming with the personalized gift market expected to be valued at $31 billion by 2021, a 55% jump from 2016’s numbers and HP Graphics Solutions is at the center of the personalization megatrend through its delivery of digital printing innovation.
“Personalization creates lasting, meaningful experiences with consumers while driving increased brand loyalty and engagement,” said Pallasena V Viswanath, managing director, HP Philippines. “HP’s digital printing capabilities enable this by transforming how consumers connect to brands through personalized packaging and products. There is great potential for Philippine brands to explore new, personalized approaches to further grow their business and accelerate speed to market.”
HP’s research uncovered the following digital print advantages of the Personalization Pinwheel:
- Fingerprinting – drive share of the market through collectability of unique items.
- Flying Your Flag – drive engagement by personalizing products according to heritage.
- Letting It All Hang Out – increase connections with Millennials and Gen Z by celebrating individual consumer stories
- Permission to Indulgence – allow consumers to tailor their experience of the world to their own unique preferences
- Bringing Bonds to Life – grow penetration by expanding into gifting and e-commerce through fully customized products
- Mindful Materialism – build value and differentiate through purpose by enabling consumers to express their own voice in solving social or environmental issues
Brands in the Philippines can explore endless personalization possibilities with HP Indigo. The digital presses cater to commercial, labels and packaging, flexible packaging, folding cartons which may be sheet-fed, and web-fed. HP Indigo uses specialty software such as HP Smartstream, HP Mosaic, and HP Collage that allows the creation of virtually unlimited design variations.
HP Indigo digital technology provides the capability to allow brands to create versioning, hyper-customization, and personalization, allowing them to engage and interact with the modern consumer.
Home businesses like home bakeries, event planners, wedding planners, online sellers and travel agencies which are also keen on creating personalized experiences from the comforts of their own home office can also consider the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage or HP Ink Tank printers, which are easy to set up, perfect for the home, and can wirelessly print your creations from multiple devices including your HP laptop or mobile device.