iflix, Southeast Asia’s go-to internet TV service, providing subscribers quality and unlimited access to thousands of TV shows and movies has just celebrated its first birthday last May 26.
What started as a humble team of 23, occupying a shared office space, was able to achieve feats in just a year. Here are some of iflix’s most notable accomplishments:
- April 2015 – The Company announced the appointment of its advisory board, comprised of some of Hollywood’s most influential business and creative leaders, including the chairman and CEO of MGM, president and CEO of Fox networks, among others.
- June 2015 – iflix was launched commercially in the Philippines, alongside telecommunications partners Philippines Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) and Smart Communications, Inc.
- November 2015 – Celebrities Ruffa, Richard, and Raymond Gutierrez, JM Rodriguez, Iza Calzado, Karylle, and Jasmine Curtis-Smith joined iflix as ambassadors and shareholders in the business. iflix went live in Thailand, drawing over 200,000 subscribers in its initial 12-week trial phase.
- March 2016 – iflix welcomed industry heavyweights Sky Plc and Emtek Group to its impressive investor roster, joining Catcha Group, Evolution Media Capital, PLDT and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), following the successful completion the company’s huge second round of funding.
Today, iflix has a record of five partnerships with leading telecommunications providers in the Philippines, including PLDT and Smart, as well as Telkom Malaysia, Digi, Celcom, Maxis, and UMobile in Malaysia, and TrueMove in Thailand. The company also recently announced collaborations with Telkom and Indosat Ooreedoo ahead of its Indonesian launch.
Viewership Trends on flix
- iflix’s Philippine members watch an average 195.96 minutes each day.
- iflix members prefer enjoying iflix on their mobile phones – with the majority on Android devices.
- Milenials and Gen-Ys comprise 68-percent of total members.
- Filipinos’ favorite genre is drama.
- iflix members prefer late night viewing with peak watching hours from 9pm.
- iflix members from the Philippines download the most content.
iflix continues to strengthen its relationships with the world’s leading providers of high-quality entertainment content bringing more first run-exclusives, award winning TV shows and movies, and exceptionally popular Asian and local programs to iflix members across the region. Here are just a few of the new shows and new seasons coming to iflix over the coming weeks and months:
- Flash (Season 2)
- Arrow (Season 4)
- Robot (Season 2 – exclusive to iflix)
- Hunters (Season 1 – exclusive to iflix)
- Bosch (Season 1 – exclusive to iflix)
- The Magicians (Season 1 – exclusive to iflix)
- Downton Abbey (Seasons 1-5)
- The 100 (Seasons 1-2)
- Pretty Little Liars (Seasons 1-6)
- The Originals (Seasons 1-3)
- The Last Ship (Seasons 1-2)
- House (all seasons)
- Keeping Up with The Kardashians (Seasons 1-4)
- 30 Rock (all seasons)
- Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
- Gotham (Season 2)
- X: Men – First Class
- Night at the Museum
- The Office (all seasons)
- Voltes V (all episodes)
- Daimos (all episodes)
- Bates Motel
- 12 Monkeys
- Millionaire Matchmaker
Each iflix subscription provides users unlimited access to the service on up to five devices, including phones, laptops, tablets, and television sets, for viewing wherever, whenever. iflix subscribers can also download TV shows and movies from iflix’s extensive library for offline viewing. The service is priced at only PHP 129 per month in the Philippines for unlimited access with no ads.
For new subscribers, iflix offers a complimentary 30-day trial with full access to its world-class service, features and content, with no credit card or payment details required. Go to www.iflix.com to register.