AWESOME NEWS! The submission period for this competition has been extended to September 17, giving you just about enough time to brainstorm and create a powerful and insightful winning video advocating your stand! If you want to win a pair of shoes from Pony plus gift certificates from Girbaud, then pre-register now and send in your entries.
Caught in the Web : Which Side Are You On?
Over the years, we have considered the internet as our virtual goodie bag. As the web continues to expand, so do the possibilities in the way we share music, movies, games, e-Books and software. People on the web constantly create ways to make these things free and within our reach—but not all of these methods are legal.
Content creators have been complaining over the past few years about copyright infringement brought about by the Internet, and it is for this reason that several countries are now adapting laws that punish illegal downloading. As a result, the online content-sharing community is in rage.
We know both sides have their pros and cons, and we want to know which side you are on.
The task is simple—create a 30-second video public service announcement (PSA) advocating your stand on the Internet piracy issue and post it online. You can be either pro- or anti-, but whichever you choose, be sure to pack your video with a powerful message that can support your stand!
- This competition is open to all college students. Individual and team entries (with a maximum of 5 members per team) will be accepted.
- No entry fees will be charged and there will be no limitation on the number of entries per school.
- Interested participants must pre-register to join the competition. Participants must e-mail their names, and contact details to [email protected] with the subject “Caught in the Web pre-registration, name of school”
- Participants are to create a 30-second video PSA advocating their stand on piracy.
- The video should be in 1280×720 pixels .mpeg format. Videos must have a black leader of 5 seconds at the beginning with the title of the video and the participant names.
- Entries are to be uploaded to YouTube with the title “Pinoy Blogfest 3.0 PSA – title of the video”
- Participants must e-mail their names and contact details, their school, the title and the link to the video to YouTube to [email protected] with the subject, “Pinoy Blogfest 3.0/title of the video/school”
- Videos must be uploaded on YouTube so that we can link it to the Gadgets Magazine Facebook Page and garner likes. The video with the most number of likes gets a special prize.
- All works are assumed to be original creations. Using original music is encouraged and preferred. However, one may still use existing music as long as this is properly acknowledged/ credited at the end of the PSA. (Credits are not included in the 30 seconds).
- Deadline of entries will be on September 12, 2012.
- All entries shall immediately become property of Gadgets Magazine.
For inquiries, email [email protected]
What’s up for grabs?
We’ll be picking the top three videos, and each team member gets to pick a a pair of shoes from Pony! Aside from this, the team behind the number one video also gets gift certificates worth PHP 6,000 from Marithe Francois Girbaud, and those behind the second placing video will receive gift certificates worth PHP 4,000.