Claiming that April-June will be the quarter of ASUS gaming, the hardware and electronics company unveils its new and refreshed series of gaming laptops that would cater to all types of gamers at a media launch dubbed “RE: DEFINE 2019.”
“These gaming laptops will have competitive new designs across all our series,” said George Su, country manager of ASUS Phils. “We have products that also target casual gamers.”
ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DU and FX705DU
This new series has a CPU and GPU refresh and is equipped with AMD’s Ryzen 7 processor and the latest generation of NVidia GPUs. Asus also improved on its IPS-level NanoEdge display so users can have a fully immersive experience during games.
The ports are situated on the left side of the laptop so that cables and wires won’t get in the way of gaming. FX505 features a host of I/O ports including a single USB 2.0 and two USB 3.1 Gen 1 and Type-A ports for gaming peripherals, as well as HDMI 2.0 to connect to an external display.
To withstand the long hours of gaming, the new models are made with military-grade toughness and can “survive” sudden jolts and handle the knocks and bumps of constant use. The refresh comes in gold steel with aluminum gunmetal cover.
ASUS used the over-stroke technology of the backlit desktop-inspired keyboard specially optimized for gaming. It also features RGB-backlighting across all zones that can be controlled through the TUF Aura Core panel. It also has a broader space bar, isolated arrow keys, and recognizable gaps between the function keys.
ASUS-exclusive HyperCool technology comprises of the Anti-Dust Cooling (ADC) system and Fan Overboost technology to ensure exceptional cooling during intense gaming. Furthermore, cooling is also improved by the patented trapezoid-cut lid and intelligent parallel fan placement.
The DTS Headphone’s X technology is expected to deliver immersive and virtual surround-sound for theater-quality audio. It features optimized settings for games, sports, and movies, and has a built-in equalizer for additional fine-tuning.
FX505DU: PHP 71,995
FX705DU: PHP 74,995
FX505DT: PHP 49,995
FX505DT: PHP P54,995
ROG Zephyrus S GX502
ROG Zephyrus S GX502 carries the same design as GU502.
– 15-inch Zephyrus S with signature Active Aerodynamic System
– Up to 240hz/3ms IPS-level display
– 9th Generation Intel Processor with RTX 2070 graphics
– The ROG boost up to 1540MHz at 115W, G-sync and Optimus toggle for gaming or everyday use
– 240Hz/3ms IPS-level display with Pantone Validation
ROG Zephyrus M GU502
– Magnesium alloy chassis with a soft touch
– 9th Generation i7 Processor with Nvidia GTX 1660ti Graphics
– Type-C charging improves real-world portability and run time
– Dual M.2 NVMe SSDs with RAID 0 combine speed and storage
– Premium ESS Sabre DAC with Hi-Res Audio certification
ROG Strix SCAR III and HERO III G531/G731
This is a product refresh of the ROG Strix line
– Gunmetal or Midnight Black Finish
– 15-inch 240hz/3ms Display or 17-inch 144hz/3ms display for esports requirements
– Refreshed with the Intel 9th-Generation Processors with GTX Graphics
– Increased airflow with 3D Flow Zone and asymmetric cut-out lid
ROG Strix G G531/G731
This is the new variant of the Strix line
– Slim Bezels with all new wrap-around lighting bar and brush finish
– 9th-Generation Intel processors with GTX Turing graphics
– Slim Bezel 15-inch and 17-inch displays up to 144hz
– RangeBoost evaluates the environment to improve reception
Zephyrus S GX531/GX701
– New generation Intel 9th-Generation processor refresh
– 15-inch SDR 240hz/3ms response display available for the GX531
– 17-inch HDR 144hz/3ms display available for the GX701 and GX531
– Optional HDR 144Hz/3ms DisplayHDR 400 with 1B colors
– SDR 240Hz/3ms available on Zephyrus S GX531
ASUS Phils. also announced that it will be bringing to the country the much-talked-about ROG Mothership GZ700 also known as The Beast.
– Now with Factory overclocked Intel Core i9-9980HK
– Liquid metal compound
– Detail or speed: 4K 60Hz 100% Adobe RGB or FHD 144Hz/3ms