Mercury Hackathon 2021 is a 6-week blockchain virtual hackathon hosted by Tribe and AngelHack, in association with Filecoin, IPFS & Flow that presents up to USD120,000~ of prizes in FIL & FLOW tokens. Participants are invited to innovate and build projects on the Filecoin, IPFS, or Flow protocol.
About the Hackathon
AngelHack is partnering with Tribe to host this online 6-week hackathon, which is designed to bring together the brightest creators and innovators from around the globe to challenge boundaries in the world of blockchain technology. Join the event from September 20 — October 31, 2021, together with the experts from Filecoin, IPFS & Flow for Developer Hour sessions, technical workshops, and a whole lot of adventure and fun.
Spanning 3 tracks and 14 prize categories, approximately USD120,000+ worth of Filecoin & Flow tokens are to be given out.
Note: Each participant is only allowed to submit a project for one (1) track.
Track 1: Filecoin x Flow
Integrating Filecoin and Flow’s decentralized storage technology with NFTs
Top 3 Best Combined Use of Filecoin x Flow Projects: USD8,000 | 5,000 | 3,000
Top 2 Best Filecoin x Flow Artists & Creators Projects: USD8,000 | 5,000
Best Filecoin x Flow NFT Value Store Project: USD8,000
Best Filecoin x Flow Browser Integration Project: USD8,000
Best Filecoin x Flow NFT Badge Generator Project: USD8,000
Best Filecoin x Flow Video Game Assets NFTs Project: USD8,000
Track 2: Filecoin
Best use for Filecoin and/or IPFS and/or the following decentralized storage services: web3.storage, Estuary, Slate, or nft.storage
Top 2 Best Filecoin/IPFS Projects: USD7,500 each
Track 3: Flow
The implementation of blockchain-enabled application built on Flow, across consumer-facing NFT dapps, creator-oriented services, crypto primitives with Decentology tools, and more
Best NFTs Collateral-based Project: USD7,500
Best Fractional NFTs-based Project: USD7,500
Best Composable Smart Contract Project: USD7,500
Best Implementation of Cadence Language Pillars Project: USD7,500
Best Use of DappStarter Flow Foundation Project: USD7,500
Best NFT Distribution Project: USD7,500
Best Use of Non-Custodial Marketplace Project: USD7,500
Who can join?
- Anyone with a stable internet connection and over 18 years old
- Maximum of 4 participants per team and minimum of 1 participant
When is the hackathon?
- September 20 — October 31, 2021
- Registrations open here at https://ahack.link/ph_press
How to participate in the hackathon?
- Register for the hackathon.
- Form and register your teams over (Refer to instructions on the Participants’ Guide).
- Ideate and brainstorm the next big thing.
- Check out the resources parked under the ‘Resources 📚’ section in the Participants’ Guide to navigate your way through on building on the Filecoin, IPFS & Flow protocol.
- Connect with your mentors on the Mercury Hackathon 2021 Slack channel during Mentor Office Hours.
- Plus, join for workshops to learn and explore while connecting with like-minded individuals.
- Build your project!
- Submit your project before Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 9:25 PM UTC +5:30 | 11:55PM UTC +8.
From now till the 31st of October, there are activities planned for every single weekday of the week (yes, you read that right) so that no matter your level of familiarity with building with blockchain, you can get help to be well-equipped for the hackathon!
Plus, a structured learning pathway with consolidated resources is made available for your consumption at your own pace. Read and watch all the resources in the Participants’ Guide to help you gain a better understanding to build on Filecoin/IPFS and Flow protocol.
The fundamental judging criteria are as follows:
- Technical Complexity
- Mass Usability
Strap on and suit up — get ready to rumble.
May the force be with you.
Register here today.