AMD’s FirePro M5100 professional graphics card is the visual processor of choice of the new Panasonic Toughbook CF-54. The mobile workstation promises to withstand even the harshest outdoor conditions, all the while being powerful and reliable enough for on-the-go professionals in the automotive, architecture, project management, engineering, telecommunications, construction, manufacturing, mining, and defense industries.
“At AMD, we are completely focused on driving our customer’s success,” said Karl Freund, general manager of Professional Graphics at AMD. “With the AMD FirePro M5100 GPU powering the Panasonic Toughbook CF-54, we can help deliver workstation-class performance in an industry-leading semi-rugged package that combines the best features of a desktop workstation for users on the go.”
“Together AMD and Panasonic are offering customers a mobile workstation solution for professional rugged computing,” said Jan Kaempfer, marketing director for Panasonic Computer Product Solutions of Panasonic System Communications Company Europe. “In a wide variety of environments, Panasonic Toughbook Laptop customers can depend on AMD FirePro professional graphics combined with robust driver and application support for even those most demanding projects.”
Some of the features of the AMD FirePro™ M-series mobile professional graphics are:
- AMD’s Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- Performance akin to desktops.
- Software drivers tuned to perform optimally with most workstation software.
- Intelligent Power Features efficiently manages battery power without sacrificing performance:
- AMD Enduro Technology1 switchable graphics mode enables AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics to optimize battery life based depending on what the software requires,
- AMD PowerTune Technology1 intelligently analyses and manages the power draw for higher clock speeds, helping improve performance, and,
- AMD ZeroCore Power1 allows AMD FirePro GPU to consume almost no energy when idle.