Spotify has announced that it signed nine Filipino podcasts exclusively on the platform. The nine Filipino podcasts are made by some of the country’s top content creators and will be part of the 1.5 million podcast titles available on the platform.
The new Spotify exclusive Filipino podcasts include Adulting with Joyce Pring, Sleeping Pill with Inka, Wake up with Jim and Saab, The KoolPals, Boiling Waters PH, The Eve’s Drop, Ask Say, Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast, and Walwal Sesh.
- Adulting with Joyce Pring: In her show, Joyce Pring shares tips and advice on adulting as a 20- something Filipino. Topics she discusses range from mental health to love, relationships, and other life learnings.
- Sleeping Pill With Inka: Voiced by Inka Magnaye, this ASMR-friendly audio show takes listeners through soothing readings of books and poems with the intention of easing one’s anxieties and helping people fall asleep.
- Wake Up With Jim and Saab: Hosted by celebrity couple Jim and Saab, the duo talks about their adventures as a married couple and new parents. Their conversations range from life musings to culture, music, and everything else in between.
- The KoolPals: A clever play on the colloquial term ‘kupal,’ The KoolPals is hosted by comedy trio GB Labrador, James Caraan, and Nonong Ballinan. Each episode tackles a range of pop culture topics while keeping that colorful Filipino humor alive.
- Boiling Waters PH: This series talks about relationships and romance—from courtship to heartbreak—with a side of humor and hugot memes. (Sawi much? ‘Yan kasi, ‘wag masyadong marupok.)
- The Eve’s Drop: Hosted by broadcast personalities and certified cool moms Delamar Arias, Francesca Tobias, and Gelli Victor, this is real women talk bringing the drama, questions, and truth to light.
- Ask Say: Influencer and body positivity advocate Say Tioco shares everything life has taught her about living independently, love, sex, relationships, career, traveling, and more.
- Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast: Popular Filmmaker Antoinette Jadaone and spoken word artist Juan Miguel Severo chat about love, hugot, all things pop culture, what’s trending, and more.
- Walwal Sesh: Join the hosts on conversations as they take on love, heartbreak, mental health, equality, sex, and much more.
These new Filipino podcasts join the growing roster of Spotify exclusive podcasts made by some of the world’s biggest creators and storytellers including Michelle Obama, Joe Rogan, Nas Daily, and upcoming content from Kim Kardashian West, DC Comics, and more.
“We are thrilled to work with these top Filipino podcasters—storytellers in their own right—who deliver a fresh perspective and belong to a new generation of creators,” said Carl Zuzarte, head of studios for Southeast Asia, Spotify. “We know that listening to audio content is a huge part of Filipinos’ everyday lives. And as for Filipinos are looking for ways to be entertained, stay informed, and relax while spending more time at home, podcasts can be the perfect companion.”
Zuzarte adds that these partnerships are just the beginning of Spotify’s plans for podcasts in the country. He also notes that the country is has a large music and podcast audience based on a recent Spotify survey with YouGov.
“We’re at the start of a long and exciting podcast journey in the Philippines—market ripe with storytellers. We are continuously looking for the best creators that can cater to diverse listeners interest as we move into the next chapter of audio streaming in the country,” said Zuzarte.
The Spotify Survey found that 85% of Filipinos tuned in to some type of music or podcast. Additionally, 74% of Filipinos crave more time away from their screens, and podcast listening can provide an ideal way to be entertained, informed, or relaxed.
The nine new Spotify exclusive Filipino podcasts can be accessed on Spotify now.